This Free 3-hour online course is designed to introduce you to data management using Hydro GeoAnalyst. Participants will be introduced to the fundamentals of data management and relational databases, and how to efficiently manage data from collection through to analysis and reporting. The course combines interactive online lectures, discussions with our experienced instructors, and exposure to Hydro GeoAnalyst through exercises that will facilitate your understanding of the program. In this course, you will receive a complete set of course notes.
Dates: September 8, 2022
Times: 1PM-4PM EST
- An introduction to integrated environmental data management
- Database design, data entry, and managing the database environment
- Designing site-specific borehole log plots
- Techniques for querying a database
- Data interpolation and spatial mapping using Map Manager
- Importing, geo-referencing, overlaying base maps, and vector images
- Developing cross-sections to interpret geology and hydrostrigraphy
- Creating 2D and 3D representations of the site conceptual model in Hydro GeoAnalyst
The exercises used in the course require a current Hydro GeoAnalyst license. A Hydro GeoAnalyst trial license will be provided for use during the course as part of the registration fee for those who need it.
Who should attend?
This course is suited for anyone who wishes to develop a more comprehensive understanding of the data sources that are used in hydrogeologic analysis, the interpolation of this data in GIS, and the interchange of information between the GIS system and groundwater models.
Attendees are required to provide their own computer with the software loaded and connect remotely to the online course.
Computers with the following minimum requirements are needed to run the Hydro GeoAnalyst:
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Processor: 32-bit or 64-bit
- Hard Disk: 500MB (Minimum)
- RAM: 8GB or more recommended
Software Requirements (included with installation):
- Microsoft .NET Framework v.4.0 or higher
- Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2005 Redistributable.
For the Mobile EDD features, we recommend the following:
- Apple or Android device
- Safari or Chrome mobile internet browser
What you will get!
- 30-day temporary training license of Hydro GeoAnalyst
- PDF copy of all the course lectures and exercises
- Networking with other environmental and modeling professionals
- 10% discount on Hydro GeoAnalyst licenses for attendees
- A certificate of attendance for completing the course
Contact info: 519-746-1798