There are increasingly greater amounts of data used to characterize environmental problems. This data comes from a wide range of sources and formats which can make it difficult to analyze and interpret your data holistically. This hands-on course is designed to introduce you to environmental data management using Hydro GeoAnalyst (HGA). The course combines interactive online lectures, comprehensive exercises and discussions facilitated by our well-experienced instructors to better improve your understanding of Hydro GeoAnalyst.
Water Services and Technologies in partnership with Waterloo Hydrogeologic will present this 3-day hands-on course, an introduction to environmental data management and analysis using HGA. Data management begins with the development of a database that integrates the variety of sources of environmental data that are common in hydrogeologic analysis. The data are then interpolated and mapped in HGA to generate the conceptual hydrogeologic model of the study area, which can then be used in site characterization, regional hydrogeologic analysis, compliance monitoring, and groundwater model development.
- An introduction to integrated environmental data management
- Database design, data entry, and managing the database environment
- Designing site-specific well profiles
- Creating station groups
- Techniques for querying a database using the HGA Query Builder
- Creating charts using the HGA Plot feature
- Data interpolation and spatial mapping using Map Manager
- Developing and interpreting geology cross-sections using the Map Manager and the Cross-Section Editor modules
- Creating 3D representations of contaminant plumes
The exercises used in the course require a current Hydro GeoAnalyst license. A Hydro GeoAnalyst trial license will be provided for use during the course as part of the registration fee for those who need it.
Computers with the following minimum requirements are needed to run the Hydro GeoAnalyst:
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Processor: 32-bit or 64-bit
- Hard Disk: 500MB (Minimum)
- RAM: 8GB or more recommended
Software Requirements (included with installation):
- Microsoft .NET Framework v.4.0 or higher
- Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2005 Redistributable.
For the Mobile EDD features, we recommend the following:
- Apple or Android device
- Safari or Chrome mobile internet browser
What you will get!
- 30-day temporary training license of Hydro GeoAnalyst
- PDF copy of all the course lectures and exercises
- Networking with other environmental and modeling professionals
- 10% discount on Hydro GeoAnalyst licenses for attendees
- A certificate of attendance for completing the course
Cost: $950 USD
Dates: Oct 5-7, 2022
Times: 9AM-5PM EST
Christian Preis, M.Sc.
Christian Preis is an Environmental and Sanitary Engineer with a MSc in hydrology. Christian has worked in several consulting projects involving water resources. Currently, Christian is the leader of the Data Management team at Water Services and Technologies, where he has worked with HGA implementation in several companies. Christian has also held training sessions of HGA for companies from Brazil and other countries.
Ines Guimaraes is a chemical engineer also graduated in Sanitary and Environmental Engineering. Currently, Ines is part of the Water Services and Technologies Data Management team as an Environmental Data Management Specialist and has worked with HGA implementation in several companies. She has held many training sessions of HGA whithin these companies. as well as training the companies’ workers for HGA use.