- This event has passed.
AquiferTest – Pumping test planning and analysis
4 de June de 2020 - 08:00 - 5 de June de 2020 - 18:00R$1.000
A fundamental part of hydrogeological assessments involves determining the hydrodynamic properties of aquifers and, for that, it is necessary to plan, execute and interpret pumping tests, which can be used both for the characterization of aquifers and to determine the optimal flow and evaluate the operational efficiency. collection wells.
Pumping tests for aquifer characterization consist of pumping a well for a predetermined period of time and measuring the rate of drawdown over time in one or more observation wells. The results are interpreted using known analytical solutions, such as Theis, Hantush, Neuman, among others.
In this two-day Online course, both the practical aspects that must be considered for the successful execution of pumping tests and the application of analytical solutions to interpret their results will be addressed.
During the training we will make use of the AquiferTest software, which is an excellent tool to assist in the interpretation and visualization of the test results, whether they are aimed at defining the parameters of the aquifer or at evaluating the efficiency of wells.
This course, which combines the theory behind the essays with practical aspects aimed at their execution and interpretation, will enable you to:
- Plan your tests according to the needs of the project;
- Execute them correctly, in order to obtain the desired results;
- Select the most appropriate method for interpreting the results;
- Interpret test results using the various methods available;
- Calculate the hydrodynamic parameters of the aquifer;
- Determine the type of aquifer based on the results obtained in tests; and
- Evaluate the performance and pressure loss in collection wells.
This course will be provided to all participants:
- Theoretical handout with the material presented in the course
- Handout of practical exercises
- Installer of the most current version of the software
- 15-day training license to use the software
MAURO PRADO, M.Sc., FGS
MAURO PRADO, M.Sc., FGS HydrogeologistGeologist graduated from the University of São Paulo, with a master’s degree in Environmental Sciences from the University of East Anglia, England. He specializes in hydrogeology, water supply, water resource management and mathematical modeling of the flow and transport of contaminants in groundwater. His areas of expertise include hydrogeology applied to mining projects, regional assessments of underground water resources, prospecting of water resources, project management and characterization of contaminated sites. Other areas of experience and interest include drilling and completing tubular wells and wells for dissolving salt, protecting aquifers and hydrogeological aspects related to oil and gas production. Mauro is an instructor in courses in mathematical modeling and interpretation of aquifer tests offered by Water Services and Technologies.