Diver-MOD is the MODbud for Divers interface and can be used to connect Diver to an RS485 network using the Modbus / RTU protocol. The Diver has a barometric sensor, which can be used to convert the measured pressure of the Diver into a water level.
A typical Modbus configuration is described in the figure below, in which two Diver-MODs are connected to a PC / PLC. This connection includes data and power communication. The length of the Modbus cable depends on the transmission rate, the cable, the network configuration (2 wires or 4 wires), etc. A maximum length of 1000m can be achieved using specific components.
- The Diver-MOD has an air temperature and atmospheric pressure sensor
- Read the Diver’s memory
- Program the Diver sampling interval
- Start and stop the Diver
- Power is supplied by the Modbus network
- There is no need for additional sensors to measure air temperature and atmospheric pressure
- There is no need for post-processing of pressure data
- No internal battery needed