This three-day online course alternates theory and hands-on exercises to cover the entire modeling process, including conceptual model development, numerical model construction, calibration, sensitivity analysis, and multi-scenario simulations. The course introduces the theory and practical development of three-dimensional groundwater flow and contaminant transport models using Visual MODFLOW Flex.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Verify the practical application of Visual MODFLOW Flex in three-dimensional groundwater flow and contaminant transport studies
- Develop three-dimensional numerical models with appropriate grids, parameterization, boundary conditions and local hydrogeological conceptualization
- Create rectangular numeric meshes, meshes with local refinement, and unstructured polygonal meshes
- Calibrate models to match observed field data, ie hydraulic loads, flows and concentrations
- Use MODPATH code to model 3D particle tracking for capture zone delineation
- Use the Zone Budget tool to assess the sub-regional water balance within the model domain, such as water surge in pits, pumping impacts on rivers, etc.
- Use MT3D code to model the natural attenuation of contaminants and simulate remediation scenarios.
In this course will be provided to all participants:
- Theoretical booklet with the material presented in the course
- Handout of practical exercises
- Installer of the most current version of the software
- Training license to use the software.
what will you get
- Exercise booklet of theoretical classes, in PDF;
- Participants will have access to a training license to use the software;
- Certificate of participation.
Minimum requirements for installing Visual MODFLOW Flex software
- systems: Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise
- Processor: 32bit or 64bit
- Hard disk: 500 MB free space with enough space to run a template
- RAM: 8GB or more recommended*
- Network hardware: network card (required for licensing)
Professionals, students, researchers and managers who deal with challenges involving water, contaminants, resource quantification, quality analysis, impact assessment and environmental licensing in underground environments, who want to know the finite difference method and have an introduction to applications with Visual MODFLOW Flex.
This course will take place on the 24th, 25th and 26th of November, from 8 am to 5 pm, totaling 24 hours of training. The value is R$2,300.00.
Apply now, because places are limited!