This online course is designed to introduce you to data management using Hydro GeoAnalyst. Participants will be introduced to the fundamentals of data management and relational databases, and how to efficiently manage data from collection through to analysis and reporting. The course combines interactive online lectures, discussions with our experienced instructors, and exposure to Hydro GeoAnalyst through an intense series of exercises that will facilitate your understanding of the program. In this course, you will receive a complete set of course notes including lectures and exercises, a trial copy of Hydro GeoAnalyst, and access to the exercise files.
- An introduction to integrated environmental data management
- Database design, data entry and managing the database environment
- Designing site-specific borehole log plots
- Techniques for querying a database
- Data interpolation and spatial mapping using Map Manager
- Importing, geo-referencing, and overlaying basemaps and vector images
- Developing cross-sections to interpret geology and hydrostrigraphy
Creating 2D and 3D representations of the site conceptual model in Hydro GeoAnalyst
Computers with the following minimum requirements are needed to run the Hydro GeoAnalyst:
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Processor: 32-bit or 64-bit
- Hard Disk: 500MB (Minimum)
- RAM: 8GB or more recommended
Software Requirements (included with installation):
- Microsoft .NET Framework v.4.0 or higher
- Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2005 Redistributable.
For the Mobile EDD features, we recommend the following:
- Apple or Android device
- Safari or Chrome mobile internet browser
What you will get!
- 30-day temporary training license of Hydro GeoAnalyst
- PDF copy of all the course lectures and exercises
- Networking with other environmental and modeling professionals
- 10% discount on Hydro GeoAnalyst licenses for attendees
- A certificate of attendance for completing the course
Cost: $950 USD
Dates: Oct 5-7, 2022
Times: 9AM-5PM EST (UTC -4)
For more information, please access: https://www.waterloohydrogeologic.com/event/hga-training-oct2022/
To sign up, click the button below. You will email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Christian Preis is an Environmental and Sanitary Engineer with a MSc in hydrology. Christian has worked in several consulting projects involving water resources. Currently, Christian is the leader of the Data Management team at Water Services and Technologies, where he has worked with HGA implementation in several companies. Christian has also held training sessions of HGA for companies from Brazil and other countries.
Ines Guimaraes is a chemical engineer also graduated in Sanitary and Environmental Engineering. Currently, Ines is part of the Water Services and Technologies Data Management team as an Environmental Data Management Specialist and has worked with HGA implementation in several companies. She has held many training sessions of HGA whithin these companies. as well as training the companies’ workers for HGA use.