- Este evento já passou.
An Introduction to Environmental Data Management Using Hydro GeoAnalyst (HGA)
maio 16 - 09:00 - maio 19 - 17:001,250USD
Water Services and Technologies in partnership with Waterloo Hydrogeologic will present this 4-day hands-on course presents an introduction to environmental data management and analysis using HGA. Data management begins with the development of a database that integrates the variety of sources of environmental data that are common in hydrogeologic analysis. The data are then interpolated and mapped in HGA to generate the conceptual hydrogeologic model of the study area, which can then be used in site characterization, regional hydrogeologic analysis, compliance monitoring, and groundwater model development.
- An introduction to integrated environmental data management
- Database design, data entry and managing the database environment
- Designing site-specific borehole log plots
- Techniques for querying a database
- Data interpolation and spatial mapping using Map Manager
- Importing, geo-referencing, and overlaying basemaps and vector images
- Developing cross-sections to interpret geology and hydrostrigraphy
Creating 2D and 3D representations of the site conceptual model in Hydro GeoAnalyst
Computers with the following minimum requirements are needed to run the Hydro GeoAnalyst:
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Processor: 32-bit or 64-bit
- Hard Disk: 500MB (Minimum)
- RAM: 8GB or more recommended
Software Requirements (included with installation):
- Microsoft .NET Framework v.4.0 or higher
- Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2005 Redistributable.
For the Mobile EDD features, we recommend the following:
- Apple or Android device
- Safari or Chrome mobile internet browser
What you will get!
- 30-day temporary training license of Hydro GeoAnalyst
- PDF copy of all the course lectures and exercises
- Networking with other environmental and modeling professionals
- 10% discount on Hydro GeoAnalyst licenses for attendees
- A certificate of attendance for completing the course
Cost: $1,250 USD
Dates: May 16-19, 2022
Times: 9AM-5PM EST
Christian Preis, M.Sc.
Christian Preis is an Environmental and Sanitary Engineer with a MSc in hydrology. Christian has worked in several consulting projects involving water resources. Currently, Christian is the leader of the Data Management team at Water Services and Technologies, where he has worked with HGA implementation in several companies. Christian has also held training sessions of HGA for companies from Brazil and other countries.
Ines Guimaraes is a chemical engineer also graduated in Sanitary and Environmental Engineering. Currently, Ines is part of the Water Services and Technologies Data Management team as an Environmental Data Management Specialist and has worked with HGA implementation in several companies. She has held many training sessions of HGA whithin these companies. as well as training the companies’ workers for HGA use.